Question on grouse

Yeah… but that wrist rocket is 16oz and takes up valuable pack space. In contrast 4 of these rounds add 2oz and fit easily in my bino harness side pocket. Running subsonic there is a reason these loads are referred to as cat sneeze or mouse fart loads. Nowhere near as quiet as a wrist rocket, but not going to blow all the animals off the mountain side either. It's a compromise for sure, life is full of those.
Yeah but 2 grouse will weigh more than the pocket rocket anyway. Unless you eat them at end of day but even then seems the 16oz for the slingshot wouldn't be much if it gives you a couple meals.

I live and hunt in CO, centerfire is no issue here so long as you are holding a big game tag.

5AB8E4BE-C6F9-498F-8706-4728F85A42C0.jpeg

D31FEEC6-EDBD-4F0F-BEDA-7BE569183CFE.jpeg

That works then. Wonder of some of those old accelerator sabots might be another easy way with a small 22 cal bullet over some trailboss.

That works then. Wonder of some of those old accelerator sabots might be another easy way with a small 22 cal bullet over some trailboss.
Out of a .30 they (.22 cal) well work at subsonic vel's not really accurate, but... nevertheless fun. Two problems are that you can't have a muzzle brake or flash hider and no suppressors, the sabot fins come into contact with the aforementioned. Plus, sabot/bullet separation is a little harder at low subsonic velocity. Cheers

I used to roll the grouse breast in bacon, baste with orange juice and bake or however you choose. WARNING- If you drop any on you!? Your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it!!🤣😂
Seriously one of my favorite wild meats and one my wife and son loved also.