Question on Eberlestock day packs...w

Team Elk. In 3 years, I packed out 4 javalina, 3 deer, and 7 elk between myself and various family members.

Blue Widow w. Added scabbard (new for fall of 2017)

I have the team elk x2 and j1. I've used all 3 packs and they were nice but this year I finally tried my kuiu that has been in the basement for a year and it was WAY better! Much lighter and extremely sturdy. I love how the bag comes away from the frame to allow game bags to go closer to your body for more stability while not using your space inside the bag (unless you have a lot of meat to fill it too). All of the straps and buckles allow you to cinch the bag down very tight so it's not flailing around. The bag I used is the kuiu ultra 6000 which is a basic layout and not a lot of pockets but with the ability to cinch down so much I could do everything I needed whether a day hunt or week. I'm going to get one if their icon bags since they can be interchanged on the frames and the icon has more pockets to separate stuff.

This is the only picture I have of mine in use. Sorry it's not the best picture (all my friends don't realize phones can take more pictures than 1!)
20171016_150744.jpg

My buddies are moving away from the Eberlestocks toward the KUIU Icon 3200 and 5200's. Rifles can be mounted on the sides, they're built to carry meat and they weigh a lot less than the Eberlestocks. I only have Eberlestocks, a gunslinger and a Just One. I like them both but the Just One is so heavy and the gunslinger doesn't work for a meat pack. I insist on having a pack that will carry a quarter out with me on the first trip. All those extra miles to go get a pack frame is just ridiculous

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.