Question on boattail and flatbase bullets

No he was asking if the FB will hit at the same POINT OF IMPACT as a BT. He never asked if they were accurate. Just if they would hit in the same spot. Some will some wont.
Good, you were scaring me with that one.

Let's be clear though, POI has to be predictable or it's impossible to have an accurate rifle.

Yep, about as predictable as the weather.:D

The further out the prediction (distance for shooting, time with weather) the less likely your prediction is right.

Ive been shooting the 140gr BTSP interlock in my .270. Noticed that hornady is now offering the flatbase version in the american whitetail lineup in 140gr. Question is will the flatbase bullet shoot same Point of impact as the boattail?

I take care to re-zero a rifle with any change in the ammunition, even one that seems minor.

Hornady is listing the same BC at their web site for the two loads, which seems unlikely. When other factors are comparable, usually the boattail bullet has the higher BC and will shoot flatter at long range when launched with the same muzzle velocity.

As others have said, once it is sighted in at 200 yards or so, there won't be a big change in impact point until at least 300. Beyond that, you should check your drops on paper rather than trusting calculators or charts.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.