Question on Badlands bullets

I've read the whole thread on Badlands BCs to performance and am sold. I'm trying to pick a cartridge for a 7mm to run 160 gr BD2. I'd like to be between 3000-3100fps. I don't like to run at the hottest and highest node. I have a long action with magnum bolt face and 22" 7t barrel ordered. In comparing same grain standard cup and core bullets to the Badlands, what are real world velocity numbers? If they are comparable, I'm leaning 7PRC.

At this point, I think the 7PRC will become a main-stream cartridge with good industry support, so that's what I'd be looking at.

A 7 twist is fairly extreme IMO. Any reason that you selected a 7?

Interesting - they must be loooong bullets.
2D0614C5-4797-420B-8B28-9882B30332B8.png

Stability is a function of length/width ratio, not weight, so copper bullets, being less dense, will typically require faster twists than lead core bullets of similar weight

I wonder if the 7 twist recommendation is more about terminal performance than it is about stable flight.

A Berger 168 VLD only calls for a 10 twist minimum.
I think it has a lot more to do with terminal performance than people give it credit for, especially when you get into heavy for caliber bullets, they want to tip over and the only thing keeping them going straight is the spin. A bullet would actually be more stable flying backwards. After seeing bullets make a 90 degree turn or fold like a banana once they hit an animal I think the only explanation is they were under spun and not stable enough. I run 6.5T in my 6mm barrels, 7T in .30 cal , and 8T in my .338's, hunting guns running monos not comp rifles.
And yes, it takes a long time to order a fast twist barrel, longer than getting a Manners stock.

I wonder if the 7 twist recommendation is more about terminal performance than it is about stable flight.

A Berger 168 VLD only calls for a 10 twist minimum.
I haven't checked the length of the 168 but as someone else mentioned, overall construction plays into recommended twist rate, not just weight.

Looks like the Badlands is almost 1/4" longer than the Berger 168 VLDH.
478833E7-F4D2-49CA-8B18-58B9B9CE9294.png

28 Nosler another option. I'm running the 150 BD-2 in a 7 Allen Mag 8t at near 3,700 fps. Wish I could run the 160's but don't have the twist and its hard to find a mag long enough to seat those long buggers out on such a big case.

As far as twist, I'd go faster than recommended twist before I'd take a chance at slower with a long mono.

Interested in this as well. I think you should be fine with the PRC though. If factory ammo is pushing 3000 with 180s in a 24" barrel (not sure the real world results have been tested yet), I would expect 3100-3150 in a 22" barrel with a lead core 160 class bullet so even if it is 100fps slower you will still hit your target velocity. Plus the short PRC case should allow that bullet to be run in a rem long action mag no problem even though it is ridiculously long haha. You won't be messing with powder capacity either since that chamber is designed around the 180 eldm. Can't imagine the badlands would have any more bearing surface than that.