Question for beginner....

Colin

My questions involves the field adjustable turrets with MOA marking. Loking to buy a scope with this otion and trying to decide whitch one. And not sure how they work at far as starting from the sight in range.

1. After sighting in for say 100 yard zero, how do you get the turret to zero? Do you take the turret off and then reinstall wihere it sits at zero? For example lets say from the factory i am at 3.75 moa for a 100 yard zero. Is it possible to to somehow get the turret to 0 moa without moving the cross hairs? So that then If I need to go up 6.5 moa for 400 yards I would just move the turret to 6.5 instead of adding 6.5 to 3.75 for 10.25 MOA.

2. The 3 scopes I am looking at is the Leupold VX-II, Nikon Monarch, and Vortex Viper. How do they compare as far as zero stops go. Is one better than the other?

Thanks!

Once you have the rifle zeroed most turrets have a cap that can be loosened and reset to zero without changing the settings.

I don't think any that you mention have a zero stop. The Viper HS does.

if your looking at the standard viper, or viper hs you just pull up on the turret, turn it back to zero, and lower it back down.

if your looking at the viper pst there are 3 2mm allen screws that you loosed and take the turret off, add the correct amount of shims for the zero stop and put the turret back on with the zero facing the shooter

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts