Question:Do you lease or own?

Big Jakes

Title says it all. I am looking to buy a piece of hunting land in the next 8 yrs or so. Do you own or lease your hunting land?

You must be from Texas....
Most of us "out west" hunt forrest service, or blm for free. It belongs to all of us. Occasionally some of us get permission to hunt private land.
I've never paid to hunt in my life, & don't intend to. I don't mind trading ranch work, gathering cows, roping, doctring, branding etc. or fixing fence, even building or fixing a building or two, but never have I paid to hunt. Guess it pays to grow up ion a ranch, & do construction for a living.

That's awesome to buy your own chunk of land tho. It's always been my dream to give my kids what I had growing up. Sadly I just can't afford to.
Good luck.

I technically "lease" my hunting land, but I basically rent it as profitable farm land. My family has farmed the land I hunt on for 50+ years. The actual owners live somewhere out in Cali, so all I ever send them is a check and they send me a tax form. If it were to come up for sale, I would buy it in a heartbeat. So is essence, my hunting land pays me to hunt it? :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.