Question....Defiance Action Bolt swap

I'm pretty sure they would inter change but a call to Defiance will answer the question.

I asked them re: a Rebel and they would only do a replacement bolt if they had the action in hand to ensure fit. I would expect that to be their answer even on the Anti-X because of concern about the lugs, headspace isn't the only dimension at play in the action. The Anti X would make barrel changes easier though, pairing with the shouldered pre-fit options some barrel makers are starting to offer.

I'm aware. An individual bolt still has to be lapped to fit into the lug recesses to maintain that tolerance. There are also more dimensions in an action at play than simply headspace. Timing is another area where fitment could need to be adjusted, regardless of how well the bolt itself is machined.

It's a good point.

I have had a fancy custom that guaranteed headspace and a bolt swap had obviously different tolerances somewhere. They did however replace the bolt for me.

I loaned out a Defiance Deviant bolt out at a PRS match a while back. The person ended up not using it (probably a good thing). The thought at the time was a Deviant bolt for a different Deviant action seemed right at the time. Now thinking back on it, things could have gone wrong. We may have gotten lucky on that idea! LOL!

Did you ever get a response back on this?
Yes I called. I had to send in the action and bolt. I bought all three bolt faces for the same action. Took 5 months but got it. Very nice. I just swap out barrels and bolts when I want. The only way they will do it is if you send the action in and let them check the head spacing on each bolt in the action. Understand that. But well worth it for sure.

Yes I called. I had to send in the action and bolt. I bought all three bolt faces for the same action. Took 5 months but got it. Very nice. I just swap out barrels and bolts when I want. The only way they will do it is if you send the action in and let them check the head spacing on each bolt in the action. Understand that. But well worth it for sure.
Thank you for sharing and following up

Last edited: