Question about shimming bases

wdenike

I have a model 99e savage. I have purchased a 2-7 scope with 4.3 inches from where the objective bell meets the 1" tube, and the ocular bell meets the tube. Regular rings will be well up into the angle of the bells. So needed to use two weaver quad off sets. My problem is the aligning bars are off 1/16" windage. Can you shim bases to get closer alignment, and than Lapp for perfection???

Take care, Willie

I have a model 99e savage. I have purchased a 2-7 scope with 4.3 inches from where the objective bell meets the 1" tube, and the ocular bell meets the tube. Regular rings will be well up into the angle of the bells. So needed to use two weaver quad off sets. My problem is the aligning bars are off 1/16" windage. Can you shim bases to get closer alignment, and than Lapp for perfection???

Take care, Willie

It looks you need Burris Signatures or maybe Millet or a Leupold with the front dove tail.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.