Question about Scope

Val

I sighted my scope in today but i couldn't get it to shoot high ... What I mean is I have to use the 3rd mil dot to hit were I want I have no more adjustment up to get it centered is just cause I have a cheap scope or am I doing something wrong. Scope is a centerpoint 4x16-50mm mil-dot .. Don't hold back tell me how it is . Thanks for All the help!

A: you cranked the knob the wrong way.
B: Your scope is broke, very likely.
C: you have a 20 moa rail mounted backwards , very unlikely.

(you were on the third dot down, not the third one up?)

Not shooting a Ruger by chance?

The rings that fit a ruger go one way, if you put the wrong one in front this will happen. Also, if they send two rings of the same height this will happen. The short ring needs to be in front if it's a Ruger.

Let us know what you find.

You've just run out of adjustment.

Since you're using a Centerpoint scope I'm assuming this is not a high dollar gun/scope combination, so you probably don't want to spend $130 on a 20 MOA base for your gun. In which case, if I were you, I'd use a pair of scissors to cut me about 3 layers of aluminum from a soda can that will fit in the lower part of the rear ring and use this to shim up the back of the scope so that you will get some of your adjustment back. It sounds like the Centerpoint just doesn't have enough internal vertical adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts