Question about remington actions

jde512

i am looking to have a 6.5-284 built and am trying to find a donner action but confused. I have owned and have several rifles but never a remington. Can somebody tell me the difference between the actions 700, 710, 770 ect and what wound be best, i am looking to long action. advice Please

i am looking to have a 6.5-284 built and am trying to find a donner action but confused. I have owned and have several rifles but never a remington. Can somebody tell me the difference between the actions 700, 710, 770 ect and what wound be best, i am looking to long action. advice Please

Use the 700!!!!!

they have the most after market parts of any rifle. steer clear of the 770 and I dont know
anything about the 710 .

J E CUSTOM

Thank you for the replays, I was pretty sure it should be the 700. But when I started looking I run iNto the others and just didnt know anything about them. Thanks Again

The 710 was the cheap set up that predated the 770.
They are both far(!!!!!!!!!) less suitable for a build than the 700.

will one of the cheap WalMart 700s work they have one for 386.00 with scope and everything. I would just use the action as I have been thinking of a 6.5-284 myself.

It may be cheaper to get an sps if you want a hinged floor plate. I use facctory bdl bottom mettal and have never had a problem. I believe the wallmart specials are adl but I could be wrong. Justices a thought.

Or you can find a 721 LA or 722 SA. both are 700's but yes 700 only. By the way Ima looking for a good trigger and want the bolt lock 3 position would be find

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.