Question about my Leupold mark 5, please help

odoylerules

1F5FC3B1-DE20-4F81-8AB4-4D42283198F9.jpeg
E859F461-AFBB-43DA-B91F-B319F5ED9DEF.jpeg
267C7B4D-838D-40ED-91F1-A0C6CF16C09C.jpeg
6210383A-8A28-47A1-BF46-8B856BEE815D.jpeg
So I bought a used mark 5, 5-25x56 from a guy on another forum. It's in great shape.
My question is about the zero lock. The directions just talk about how to reset the turret after you've dialed your round in, that seems easy and straight forward. What is the huge screw under the turret for? It clicks like you're adjusting the elevation turret. Leupold says the scope has 3 revolutions of adjustment. No matter what I do I can't get more than just shy of 2 revolutions. No matter what adjustments I dial to that big screw, I can't get more than under 2 revolutions. This is my first Leupold. I'm sure it's something simple. I feel like a moron already for not figuring it out. The directions don't talk about it and I've exhausted YouTube trying to find answers to no avail.
Thanks guys

I don't know much about that scope, but are you left handed? Your bubble is on the wrong side of not. You would have to pick your head up to see that thing, negating the use of the bubble to confirm your level.

Put it on the left side, between the rear ring and the knobs. Then all you have to do is look at it with your left eye while you look through the scope with your right.

I don't know much about that scope, but are you left handed? Your bubble is on the wrong side of not. You would have to pick your head up to see that thing, negating the use of the bubble to confirm your level.

Put it on the left side, between the rear ring and the knobs. Then all you have to do is look at it with your left eye while you look through the scope with your right.
Yes I'm left handed shooter

Problem solved!!
Call Leupold described what was going in in detail and made a video. I apparently have a bad turret. It freezes at 1 3/4 revolutions. Supposed to go all 3. Loosening the set screws should allow it to spin 3 times in the track because it's not engaged or "clicking". Mine freezes around 1 3/4 Rev's.
New turret on the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts