Question about Darrell Holland guns.

4ked Horn

I was doing some cleaning and found a 1998 catalog of Darrells package guns. Every one of them have a thicker chamber area that is about 6 inches long. Is this a special contour that leaves a very heavy chamber area or is it a barrel sleeve or is it a barrel block type of deal like on the MOAG?

4ked horn,
I believe it is a special contour,which allows for a v-block bedding under that 6" of chamber area and then it steps down to allow for a recoil lug in front of the v-block and then a special cap is screwed on in front of that to hold the recoil lug on.I believe they were Pac-nor barrels He was using with that special contour.
FWIW,
308nate

OK that makes sence now. He mentioned V block bedding. And I know he makes a fatso recoil lug but I don't see it infront of the receiver but there is a step in front of the big section. Yep,and there is the cap thingy. You da man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barrel makers were Pac-Nor, Hart and Schneider.

Thanks.

Gentlemen,

You are correct, that is our VEE-BLOCK technology that allowed the action to completely free-float. It was a very successful method of bedding and produced excellent results! It was very labor intensive however, since then we developed our pillared system utilizing our special 82 ° counter-bored screws. The pillared system makes a lighter rifle which seems to be the trend these days?

Just a little history for those who are interested.

Be safe and shoot straight!

Darrell Holland

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts