Question about 7mm SAUM dies?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Rodb, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Rodb

Rodb Member

Im new to reloading and was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what kind of dies to get for my Remington 700 7mm saum? I bought a 6mm br rifle and got Redding Type S bushing style neck sizing dies for it, can I buy the same kind for the 7mm saum? I have 100 rounds of remington brass for it,but was thinking about getting some 300 saum brass and necking them down when I learn how!

2. gasph

gasph Well-Known Member

I would just do some searching at Midway USA and see what the best deal is at the moment. They have a good variety, the basic RCBS are probably the best bang for the buck, IMO.

3. BK6x47L

BK6x47L Member

I have Forser Dies for mine with the micrometer bullet seater. My most recent dies purchases have been Forster. They are more expensive than RCBS but less than Redding. For my purposes, I have a tight neck 7 SAUM (.315) that I just have to shave the neck a little on Remington brass. Rem will fit (.3145 or so - loaded round), but too tight to fire. The Forster dies are used without the expander ball and are almost a custom fit for the amount of sizing I need.

Can't go wrong with any of the three.

4. Rodb

Rodb Member

Thanks gasph

I have ordered some more Redding type s neck bushing dies for the 7mm saum,hopefully they will get here before Christmas and I can try them out!

Thanks rodb