QUARTER BORE SST??

And mine is 60.6. I started at 59 with it and was alright. If someone ask me where to start with it though, just to be safe I'd say 56-57 and work up from that. H-1000 is working really good for some also and rl-23 may be an available decent option, just may cost you 50-100 fps.

Let's revive this tread! I ordered a custom Carbon Six barrel today. I'll order an all steel barrel tomorrow to compare. Once finished, they'll go to Jim See at Elite Accuracy to be completed. It will be built on my Surgeon 591 with a XLR chassis and nightforce scope.
Interested to hear what you think about the carbon six barrel. I've been contemplating what barrel to go with for quite some time. My Axiom should be back from DLC this week. I'm planning on running a WTO switch lug, so I'm thinking about ordering a few barrels and would like to get them all from one manufacturer.

Interested to hear what you think about the carbon six barrel. I've been contemplating what barrel to go with for quite some time. My Axiom should be back from DLC this week. I'm planning on running a WTO switch lug, so I'm thinking about ordering a few barrels and would like to get them all from one manufacturer.

Jim built my first custom rifle and it was amazingly accurate. He has at least one C6 barrel and he spoke highly of it. Jim is one hell of a shooter and gunsmith and I trust what he says.
I ordered a custom profile, so it will take a few months to make. I'm a big fan of having my barrel match the diameter of my action. The shank will be 1.35 to match my 591, magnum profile, and 24" in length. C6 said the finished barrel should weigh around 4.5 lbs. I will keep everyone posted.

Be interesting to see what Berger comes out with, that's for sure. I thought that by the fall of 2018 BJ was suppose to release the hunting version. I've got 500 of the 131 gr ready to try, but the tips sure aren't open a lot. Kind of worried that they won't expand.

I had some trouble with them expanding on coyotes. I've started running a .030" drill down them to open them back up and they do a good job now. Only had the rifle in on one deer with them but it was a one shot deal at over 600 yards. That was before I started opening the tips up. The bullet definitely expanded but didn't leave a huge wound channel. I think they'd do good in stock trim on stuff with thicker hide to initiate the expansion.

I have heard talk on FB from Bryan Litz that Berger is working on a heavy .257", and Hornady is coming out with a 135 A-Tip too.

Can't wait to see what Berger releases, even though my 25SST shoots 131 BJs into tiny little holes.

Nice to have more options because I'm a 257 fan, but I'll always support blackjack first. I pushed anyone I could talk to at shows and on forums to develop heavy 257. They all scoffed and said the market wasn't there. It took the BJ guys putting up their own money to make it happen. Now after they break the ground the others follow. My dad always says "you should dance with the one that brung ya".... We owe them.

Be interesting to see what Berger comes out with, that's for sure. I thought that by the fall of 2018 BJ was suppose to release the hunting version. I've got 500 of the 131 gr ready to try, but the tips sure aren't open a lot. Kind of worried that they won't expand.
Use a #60 wire bit. They WHOOP game. Coyotes hate them to death. Should have data on a pronghorn end of summer.
20191116_135315.jpg