QUARTER BORE SST??

We dont know for sure because none, to my knowledge, have been shot out yet being fairly new. The close cousin (6.5 sst) with 140 grainers, Is getting a low of 1500 when running hot barrels and long shot strings to near 3000.
As with any cartridge, there are a lot of factors that affect barrel life. That said, I would expect 1500-2000 with reasonable loads.

Yes,,, loading hot at high pressures will over time burn a barrel out fast...

Google Over Bore cartridges to look at the comparisons between different cartridges...

You'll get an Eye-opener when you look at a 7mm Remington Mag cartridge,,, the old school 308 Winchester is in the .835 category... The 25/06,,, 6mm's,,, 6.5's run hot like the fast 22's...

Load down in the off season saves alot of barrel life for those that choose to get better barrel life...

Let the pipe kool between shots,,, Coalman air pump,,, and enjoy the toy...

Cheers from the North

I've decided I want to build one of these, but I'm going with an 18" barrel. I have a 24" 7SS already, and would love to have something more compact for truck/ sXs duties. I don't need a speed demon, but it would be nice to get 3000 fps with the 131's. Is that a realistic fps goal?

Also, any idea when the Forster dies will be available again?

I've decided I want to build one of these, but I'm going with an 18" barrel. I have a 24" 7SS already, and would love to have something more compact for truck/ sXs duties. I don't need a speed demon, but it would be nice to get 3000 fps with the 131's. Is that a realistic fps goal?

Also, any idea when the Forster dies will be available again?
You will have NO problem reaching 3000' with a 18" barrel! There will be no more 25 sst dies by Forster but I have Hornady Match grade coming in Feb for $64 less.

FYI - Long Rifles Inc. Has now has a 25SST reamer.
2/10 received estimate from LRI..................2/26 Bartlein/ARC Nucleus was test fired by LRI.
Just cerakote and fluting left.
Got the new SST Hornady dies from Rich. There in stock.

Need to go back through this thread and find a good starting load with a powder I can actually get?

FYI - Long Rifles Inc. Has now has a 25SST reamer.
2/10 received estimate from LRI..................2/26 Bartlein/ARC Nucleus was test fired by LRI.
Just cerakote and fluting left.
Got the new SST Hornady dies from Rich. There in stock.

Need to go back through this thread and find a good starting load with a powder I can actually get?

here is your huckleberry

Great & thanks. Have you posted any n565 25sst loads somewhere in this thread?
I'll be digging back through it this evening.
My barrel is 25" 1-7.5 M24

They sure are proud of that powder$$, but at least its available.