Quantico F-class?

shimoda

I have never shot F-class and would like to try it. Quantico's website says there is a match on march 7. Anyone going?
I don't want to be a burden but is there anyone that might show me the ropes?
Do you have to be a member, or shoot as a member's guest?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

You have to be a member or guest of a member. But it's no problem, if you show up Steve will let you shoot as his guest (he's the organizer). Several guys from here go to the matches too. Buffalobob is often there, E.Shell, Trebark, me, those are just off the top of my head. I think the price is $50 for none members. Bring atleast 60rnds of ammo. The course of fire is unlimited sighters 15 for score at 800, 2sighters 15 for score at 900, and 2 sighters 20 for score at 1000. Sign in is at 8:30 or 9:30, should def check up on that!

I'm not an experienced f-class shooter by any means so but I'd be happy to answer any more questions you have. Just shoot me a pm. Come say hi at the match, I'll the 16yo carrying around way more gear than neccasary :D

Hope this helps,
Oliver

You should talk to Wilie or Steve before registration begins and have them pair you up with someone experienced. It is not exactly rocket science if you know what your drops are.

Sam...the matches are great fun. They are casual and although they are called 'matches' they are not serious competition. Everyone there will be willing to help you with advice on wind doping to loaning you equipment you might need (bipod, rear bags, pen). Bubbalobob gave you some good advice, when you check-in, ask the organizer (Steve) to pair you with an experienced shooter.

Ed Shell who is often at the matches put together a nice list of things to bring to a match:

Quantico 10th Modified F-Class match November 8th - Maryland Shooters

Finally, when you know you're going to go, PM everybody that has responded to this thread. I know both Oliver and BB. Any of us would be glad to meet up with you (if we're going).

I have never shot F-class and would like to try it. Quantico's website says there is a match on march 7. Anyone going?
I don't want to be a burden but is there anyone that might show me the ropes?
Do you have to be a member, or shoot as a member's guest?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Yea, IF the friggin snow ever melts.

Not letting a little residual snow stop me!! Want to get one more match in before my hunt in Texas.

I'll bring a snow shovel incase anyone else wants to dig themselves a little hole :D

Thanks guys.
If the shoot happens I plan on being there.
A little snow won't stop me.
I'll be shooting a gun [260] that I have not shot past 600 yards. My drops[with exbal] are confirmed to 600 so I'm confident of getting on paper at the longer ranges but 800, 900, 1000 will be new territory for me.
I have stretched my STW out to near 1000 on rocks during a couple of western hunts but my range in maryland is limited to 600. I wish I still lived in Idaho.
I'm excited.

Sam

BH,

yes I know. I'm thinking I will dig myself a grave like hole to lie in and shoot out of during the match :D

I'm half joking I'm quite sure the snow will hvr melted down by then, hope so at least.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.