Quality scope for long range mountain rifle

PRCReaper

Hi folks,

I am looking to put a scope on my Fierce Edge 300 PRC rifle. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out my options.

My requirements in order of importance:
Excellent turret tracking
Tough scope that can hold a zero after few falls
Simple reticle (no Christmas trees since I prefer to dial rather than doing hold overs)

As for glass I honestly can't tell the difference after a certain point.

I don't have a preference for FFP/SFP but I would like to be able to do close range (100 yd) off-hand shots if opportunity presents itself.

My budget is around 2.5k. Here are a few scopes that I am considering

Kahles 624i (excellent tracking but heavy at 33oz)
March 3-24x52 (nice reticle that works for off-hand shooting, 23oz, tracking is supposed to be good but here is a discussion of march scopes losing zero after a ride in ATV)
Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 (light at 21.7oz, cheap, but i'm not sure about their tracking accuracy and don't like the reticle)

I shoot the zeiss V4 conquests, I have a few of them and really can't think of a single issue with any of them. I am sure there are better scopes out there but they track well, light (25 ounces) I love the reticle and the center illumination. Really no issues and I recommend them to everyone.

Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 (light at 21.7oz, cheap, but i'm not sure about their tracking accuracy and don't like the reticle)
I find this funny. I have never seen or heard of a scope over $600 that had a tracking problem, On a positive note, Vortex would fix that without a second thought.

The reticle could be a concern….as it is a tree. The capped windage would likely be an issue too.

Simple reticle (no Christmas trees since I prefer to dial rather than doing hold overs)
Based on these requirements and lightweight, I'm thinking you want a VX-5/6, a March or maybe the SFP Vortex Razor LHT 3-15. I'm also thinking you want a 1pc mount like the Spuhr mount or similar for strength.

Just for clarification, you will dial wind?

What is that point? Only you know, that said, IMO over $1500 is mostly an exercise in glass quality or extreme range turrets.

I would also consider capped vs locked vs free dial windage turret. ….same for elevation. I like locking, but if I were dialing every shot, probably I would want free.

Hi folks,

I am looking to put a scope on my Fierce Edge 300 PRC rifle. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out my options.

I don't have a preference for FFP/SFP but I would like to be able to do close range (100 yd) off-hand shots if opportunity presents itself.

My budget is around 2.5k. Here are a few scopes that I am considering

Kahles 624i (excellent tracking but heavy at 33oz)
March 3-24x52 (nice reticle that works for off-hand shooting, 23oz, tracking is supposed to be good but here is a discussion of march scopes losing zero after a ride in ATV)
What no night force in your lineup? my AtACR is built like a tank and would be the first scope that would come to mind for me

I went through the same thing last year when putting together a mountain rifle. I am getting older and a little heavier and getting a few pounds of the rifle was of big importance to me. I bought a CA Carbon Classic in 28 Nosler from a guy on here, brand new in the box. Beautiful rifle and super light. I have tried the Nightforce ATACR in both 4-6 and 5-25 on it, to heavy. I put an 5-22 x 50 NXS on it but also to big of a scope and heavy. I then put a Leupold VX6HD 3-18 on it and they appear to be a match made in heaven. Out to 600 yards, as that is as far as our range goes, the combination is very accurate. Not that the shooting season is over at the local range I can get to the 1000 yard portion of the range and see if the VX6 will do its part to that range. I don't intend to shoot 1000 yards in the mountains with it but its always nice to know your limitations. So far so good with the Leupold.

My votes go to March 3-24 or NF NX8 4-32. A slight edge to the March for hunting.

I've had March scopes on my hunting rifles (a 260 REM and 300WM) for years and never had a problem.