Quality Rifle Manufactures

Quite a few good rifles in that price range. I bought a Winchester Mod 70 Extreme Tungsten (Factory Cetakote) in 300 WM. Comes with a muzzle brake. It is also made in the EW MB which vines in stainless finish. I'd also look at the Browning, Weatherby, or Sako. If he's buying factory off the shelf, best to go put hands on and see which one feels best to him. We're all built different, so one may fit better. We all have our favorites and reasons why, but I'm sure he'll be happy with any that have been mentioned.

Weatherby. Right at 2k and I've never seen a dud. I have quite a few of my own and load for a ton of them. When I open the case at elk/deer camp it's all that's in there and it's all you need. Simple ladder test with Hammers follow by seating test and he'll be happy. Expect 1/2 MOA or less.
I am a big Weatherby fan.

I am a big Weatherby fan.
I sensed that😉 but I have heard mostly good things about them too. I also appreciate the input as well as everyone else's. He is coming over tomorrow to look at some of my scopes and go over the information we get. He likes the Christiansen Arms but I have read a lot about inconsistent quality and accuracy issues.

I've had great results with 5 different Cooper rifles. You may be able to find one of their synthetic stocked rifles around the 2K mark.

I have owned a lot of different semi custom rifles and at his price point I would go with a Fierce. To me their features, fit, and finish are above everyone's else. And again, that is at that price point.

Ok I have a friend that wants a new rifle. He has decided on a .300 Winchester Mag. He has ask me who makes an excellent shooting rifle and has great customer service. He will use the rifle for occasional elk hunting. He does want the rifle to have a brake and his budget is approximately $1,500 - $2,000. That's why I am not a big help because Those are generally not in my budget. I really want to help him out and give him good advice so any help is much appreciated.
Begara or tikka rifles spend a little bit more for the optic

I have a Savage 110 stealth evolution in 300WM and it is an excellent rifle. It loves the Berger 230s and H1000. Not sure what the price is today if you can find one, but I think i got mine for around 1500 and its a LH bolt. I know nothing about Savage CS (never needed to contact them), but I can say that mine is a very accurate rifle and the muzzle brake works well.

Weatherby. Right at 2k and I've never seen a dud. I have quite a few of my own and load for a ton of them. When I open the case at elk/deer camp it's all that's in there and it's all you need. Simple ladder test with Hammers follow by seating test and he'll be happy. Expect 1/2 MOA or less.
👍👌

👍👌💪

Love my Christensen Ridgeline in 300wm. No quality or accuracy issues with mine. Bergara Premier Approach would be my second vote in that price range.

Sako makes the best factory rifle. They had a sub Moa guarantee for years before anyone else did. The fit and finish and accuracy are excellent. They also make many more action sizes than other manufacturers. The Finns make a hell-of-a rifle and they have been doing so for longer than most brands mentioned in this thread put together.