Quality Glass New Shooter

O well if you are 77, you do whatever the hell you want lol =)

One time a woman was trying to sell me something I didn't want. She finally asked,
"Aren't you open minded?"
"No! I'm seventy-seven and pretty much made up my mind about things a few years ago," I responded.
But I do like to hear about new bullets and scopes.

Mcranch,
Turret problems. The glass in them is no better than my Leupold VX-6. In fact a couple didn't come close.

Hello,

I am purchasing a Bergara 6.5prc. I am looking into some scopes to put on it and seem to find mixed reviews and opinions and thought some insight from here would be helpful. I went with a shelf rifle to save the costs compared to custom so I can spend the money towards better glass. It will be used for deer and elk. I am looking for the following critirias.

-Low light quality
-Clarity
- 30x magnification if possible
- Under $2750 if possible
- MOA

Any recommendations or insight.
Max weight?

Not a huge concern. Being 24 and working as firefighter i'm in good health. So if weight became a concern I could drop weight somewhere else if it meant have better optics.
Have you looked through a range of high end optics on the rifle range?

Starting at $500, your first $1000 gets you quite a bit. Your second $1000 provides much less value, IMO.

I'm not taking away from ZCO, TT, S&B, but you can make a lot of shots with a Vortex PST Gen2 5-25x.

In that $1500-$2000 sweet spot there is Tract, NF NX8, Vortex Razor, etc. Hard to go wrong there.

At $2700, maybe a used ZCO. The trouble is lots of scammers listing ZCO, NF ATACR, TT under $250000, but in general, those prices cannot be real because that would be stealin'!

Look through a PMII, a K525I and the new TT hunter scope before you buy anything. ATACR is in here too if you can stand the tunneling.

Recent Posts