Quality Glass New Shooter

I have a Nightforce Atacr 4-16x42 on my hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC. It works great in all conditions even on coyotes out to 530yrds. The PMII was great on a prs rifle, but Shure wouldn't want it on a hunting rifle. But that's just me….

I see you are in CA like me and will have to shoot non lead locally so my advice would be to get a faster twist barrel off the bat. Any reason you are set on the Bergara ? You are getting something that has very limited aftermarket offerings and you may want a different gun sooner than you think.
Also if you plan on reloading you might want to review the PRC Die Problem thread.
As to the scope you don't mention FFP or SFP, how far you plan on shooting an elk, run your ballistics to see how far the bullet you choose will have the energy you feel comfortable dumping an elk then you can select a scope that has enough elevation to get you there.
SWFA has a pretty good filter for scopes where you can set the min max magnification(left side), price, objective size, etc. The bigger the objective the brighter the image will be at a given power given like glass quality. You are definitely on the right track by aiming for a high quality scope on the first round !

I see you are in CA like me and will have to shoot non lead locally so my advice would be to get a faster twist barrel off the bat. Any reason you are set on the Bergara ? You are getting something that has very limited aftermarket offerings and you may want a different gun sooner than you think.
Also if you plan on reloading you might want to review the PRC Die Problem thread.
As to the scope you don't mention FFP or SFP, how far you plan on shooting an elk, run your ballistics to see how far the bullet you choose will have the energy you feel comfortable dumping an elk then you can select a scope that has enough elevation to get you there.
SWFA has a pretty good filter for scopes where you can set the min max magnification(left side), price, objective size, etc. The bigger the objective the brighter the image will be at a given power given like glass quality. You are definitely on the right track by aiming for a high quality scope on the first round !

I've been looking between Christiansen and Bergara. My honest thought after reading between both companies was that I could save 200-400 on the rifle by going with a bergara and then that would give me more funds towards a scope.

That was a common recommendation between the 2 brands. Was to go with a bergara and spend more on the scope.

pm2 is a schmidt and bender scope, there are different models within the pm2 range. ziess are good but the turrets arent built for long range.
Just had a look online, you guys have half an hour before and after sunrise/set? its still decent light but buy german glass and youll be fine.

We can hunt and half hour before and after sunrise and sunset here. I have no problem seeing game at 250 yds with a Leupold VX6.

Anything over $1000 all look ok until adverse conditions arise. In snow, sleet, rain, fog etc the euro Optics shine. Schmidt bender polar is my go to hunting scope but only made up to 16x but I'm pretty sure they make a pmii ultra bright with the same glass as the polar. Swarovski x5, z8/z6- ZEISS victory- Leica magnus are all up there in performance for what you're looking for. Zeiss also just released its first long range scope but I have not gotten my hands on one. If going American made nightforce atacr 100%- it is the only one that come close to the low light performance.

I could recommend other high end target optics but with that comes weight. The trick is finding the glass quality in a reasonable weight package. For the most part Swarovski has figured that part out.

Anything over $1000 all look ok until adverse conditions arise. In snow, sleet, rain, fog etc the euro Optics shine. Schmidt bender polar is my go to hunting scope but only made up to 16x but I'm pretty sure they make a pmii ultra bright with the same glass as the polar. Swarovski x5, z8/z6- ZEISS victory- Leica magnus are all up there in performance for what you're looking for. Zeiss also just released its first long range scope but I have not gotten my hands on one. If going American made nightforce atacr 100%- it is the only one that come close to the low light performance.

I could recommend other high end target optics but with that comes weight. The trick is finding the glass quality in a reasonable weight package. For the most part Swarovski has figured that part out.
Yeah there is so many options. And unless you can really shoot every scope, test the track, use it low light before you buy them it's pretty tough.

The summaries I am seeing is

Leupold: Great warranty, quality glass, tracks, and locking turrets?

Zeiss: better glass the leupold, not locking turrets and sometimes heavier

Nightforce: not as well lowlight, durable, and good service also?

The NF Nxs is as good as Leupold in low light. The atacr is better. Comparing optics must be apples to apples or it all gets confusing. For example High end zeiss compared to high end nightforce is different than just saying zeiss or just saying nightforce. That logic applies to all brands be it Leupold, Leica etc. Now as far as Swarovski the main issue is the single turn turret (excluding the x5i) . The z5 was known to have tracking issues but my 2- z6 and the z8 have been spot on...small sample size. YMMV