quality budget glass??

cookjp

Let me start off by saying that I am sorry if I have missed this in early post but have looked and not found what I am looking for. I am looking for some experienced views for a $500 or less scope for a 260 rem longest shot is 600yds. This scope will be used for hunting so I need something with good low light performance and most importantly repeatable POI. I know that alot of people would say to wait till I could afford a night force or something but I am married and Poor and would like to hunt with this rifle before I retire. I have looked at Vortex and some others but know that when you get into this price range that it can be a crap shoot so I would greatly appreciate any help on this. If only I would have won that nightforce give-away.

In that price range you are looking at either a Nikon Monarch or Bushnell Elite 4200, both of which have been discussed many times over on this forum. Both are great scopes with there own respective pluses and minuses. IMHO, going any lower in quality than these two scopes is a waste of money

Incidentally, I am in the same boat as you...looking for a scope to shoot my 260 rem out to 600 yrds as well. I settled on the Nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF with mil dot reticle (can be had under $350) because of all the great things I heard about it's clarity and generous eye relief. My problem is that I waited to long and now think I need something more than 16x for 600 yds...so I've started my search again.

Your third option would be to look for a used Leupold VX-III (not a VX-II or vari-x). If you watch ebay long enough you can snag one for a decent price.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.