Q

Boyd

I picked up a copy from Butch (worn out Butch from the looks of him) yesterday, (13 Feb 2004) my wife and I watched it last evening. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it as did my wife.

Quick review:

Good:

Showed shooting in winds and that there are misses some times.

Explained some of the "errors" that lead to the missed shots.

On-Screen description of the rifle(s).

Bobby Hart showed and explained some cleaning tips and methods.

Needs work IMHO:

During Bobby Hart's tip on determining barrel twist he mentions bullet/projectile weight as the (apparent most significant) indicator for barrel twist. I've long been under the belief that it's the bullet/projectile length that is the determinant. This is a nit with me but bullet weight and length are not necessarily directly related. A slow(er) twist may stabilize a flat based round nose bullet of a given weight and not stabilize a long ogive boattail bullet of the same weight. (I call these little differences "near truths" but I believe Bobby should have mentioned the "more technically correct IMHO" determinant.)

Major reasons I bought the movie.

Watch the progression of the Point Blank from Longe Range endeavor.

To see what Butch does at the end of this particular movie.

I believe this is a good movie and the series shows the progression of the "PBfLR project". I thinks most folks would benefit from watching it and I'll certainly show it to my friends. It's a welcome addition to my hunting and shooting video collection.

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

So Dave,what you are saying is the only parts you did'nt like are the parts with Bobby in them??? ..

[ 03-11-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

LMAO

I didn't SAY that, you did!!

Seriously though, Bobby put out some good info and tips. Some tips were a little difficult to glean from the words spoken but all-in-all he offered good info. P. S. tell him he needs a comb or a different barber
smile.gif

(I'm still trying to figure out how a shooter can get more "stuff" in a single LOT number by teaming up and purchasing with another shooter. Seems like if I buy 1000 bullets of one LOT and another fella buys 1000 bullets in the same or a different LOT, I'm still buying 1000 bullets. It's only the UPS man that's pleased as he only needs to stop at one house and not two.)

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

soooooooo,..are you guys finally gonna take some long shots in this one
grin.gif

I'll be in touch for a copy,..the booth was overrun when I tried to get in and introduce myself to 338-378. Tell him the guy who kept looking at him was me,..and I said "hi,..I'm JustC"

BTW,...it was nice to meet you at the show,...we'll get together and shoot.

Dave King,...I JUST missed you at Ric's booth. Maybe next year?

I picked up the new video myself at the sportsman show. I fast forwarded throught the first time just to see the shots, now I get to watch again to listen to all the tips, and how toos.
grin.gif
This and the last point blank video where wearth every cent. Keep up the good work and if I may, I think the point blank team should be in series. (big game,small game, reloading, snipers? coverage of williams port? and just good old hunted movies.
grin.gif

Boyd,

The new vol. 3 is good... There are some really great shots made. I question some of the things with the mentioned individual. Just something there I get an uneasy feeling about. The tips are insightful and good as well. There are some new areas hunted and some new guys that havn't been in the video's before.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Just something there I get an uneasy feeling about <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SOMETHING TELLS ME THERE ARE A LOT OF BULL$$$$ IN THAT TAPE WITH THE BOB HART SALES PART...
smile.gif
OVER ALL GOOD FLICK BUT NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST TWO...
GOOD DAY...

Hey Boyd, Marty and I meant to discuss this topic with you before the end of last year but never remembered to. Remind me when I see ya this year to bring this topic up!!!
Somehow I think we are in the same boat now!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Hey Boyd, Marty and I meant to discuss this topic with you before the end of last year but never remembered to. Remind me when I see ya this year to bring this topic up!!!
Somehow I think we are in the same boat now!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there Boyd I already got an education in this matter but you may be able to educate me more. Anyway hows the boogieslinger doing? I saw the barrel for one of my new guns in the lathe last week!!!
Can't wait to get it!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Well there Boyd I already got an education in this matter <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ....The BOOGIESLINGER is a Week or two from start of load work up.....260'S RULE
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.