"Punishing Steel At 1 Mile"

mdslammer

Some very good marksmenship featuring my friend Dale Jorgensen.
15 out of 20 at 1 Mile with his 7mmSAUM.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/54058085[/ame]

Mark,

Another great video!

May I be a "kind" critic? :D

@ about 2:15 & 2:31 - Look closely at the primers????

Video quality clearly shows crispness of turret clicks @ ~ 3:23

Your closing comments indicated dialing in on center of target. It would be nifty to hear what the dial changes were and when they were made.

It would also be nifty to get Dale back out there and get the bipod feet off of the mat in on the dirt. It would be a great data point.

Thanks for your efforts. You've brought things up a notch or two.gun)

Mark,

Another great video!

May I be a "kind" critic? :D

@ about 2:15 & 2:31 - Look closely at the primers????

Video quality clearly shows crispness of turret clicks @ ~ 3:23

Your closing comments indicated dialing in on center of target. It would be nifty to hear what the dial changes were and when they were made.

It would also be nifty to get Dale back out there and get the bipod feet off of the mat in on the dirt. It would be a great data point.

Thanks for your efforts. You've brought things up a notch or two.gun)

Roy, glad you enjoyed the film.

Constructive criticism is always welcome and you are correct. I should of
included his final adjustments for elevation and drift. My bad. Sometimes when
cutting the film, important details are at times forgotten.

I'll mention to Dale about placing his bi-pod on the dirt. However,
he didn't do too bad going 15 out of 20 with his rifle being on the mat. :D

Regards.

Mark

I like that the shooter mentioned that brass is hard to come by. Lots of posts on this and other forums where guys are making their minds up to build a SAUM. I tend to chime in and caution them on brass availability. The concept was great but those SAUMs did not hit the market with great success unfortunately.

May want to relay to your shooter that Natchez has nosler 7saum brass in stock:

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass .7mm Remington SAUM 25/Box - Natchez Shooters Supplies

I like that the shooter mentioned that brass is hard to come by. Lots of posts on this and other forums where guys are making their minds up to build a SAUM. I tend to chime in and caution them on brass availability. The concept was great but those SAUMs did not hit the market with great success unfortunately.

May want to relay to your shooter that Natchez has nosler 7saum brass in stock:

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass .7mm Remington SAUM 25/Box - Natchez Shooters Supplies

Derek,

Very good point. I will pass the info on to Dale as well. Thanks.
Mark

Hi Fellas

I had 15.8 mils up and .6 mil left in the scope, when the wind flags would kick up i was just holding it off instead of making a scope adj.

It was a great couple of strings that got caught on the cams

My rifle builder wishes to stay anonymous at this point (sorry)

I'm hoping Lapua will kick out some 7SAUM brass, there were some indications that it's a possibility earlier this year. Send in a request maybe it'll get done!!!

I think the entire lrh community should ask Lapua to make brass in all the calibers remington and winchester do, especially 300 RUM. :D gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts