Pulling my hair out for gloves

For really cold weather:
1. WPB (WaterProof Breathable) shells like Gore-Tex, etc.
2. removable liners (so you can exchange them for heavier or lighter liners as needed)

->Wash once or twice a year, as needed
->Spray with Grangers or Revivex water resistant DWR (Durable Water Resistant) spray after washing and drying

Eric B.

So I was out in colder than expected conditions over the weekend. 26 when we got out of the truck and I don't think it was ever warmer than 50 in full sun while we were up high. Windy on the west side of the ridge, fairly comfortable on the east.

I had the carhart dex ii gloves, too thin and not at all wind resistant. They will be going in the tool box, not worth carrying.

I got a pair from amazon, Kim Yuan, for $15. They are "thinsulate" lined. They are very comfortable and quite warm. Only two days but they are nice. They do hold water but never got wet through.

I also ordered the give-r gloves. They actually bead water. The fingers are a little long, but I have short, fat, broken fingers so I am used to that. I like them a lot, feel much more rugged than the others. I did not get them until today so they will hunt with me this weekend.

I am definitely not the right person to give advice as I do not get cold easily. I use a pair of HydraHyde (https://www.amazon.com/HydraHyde-Weather-Water-Resistant-Wells-Lamont/dp/B00004X0XY/ref=sr_1_5?hvadid=77653061791810&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=hydrahyde+gloves&qid=1579962823&sr=8-5) from North 40 for under $10 for hunting and ice-fishing ost of which below zero here in Montana.

Gloves.jpg

For additional warmth, I use the standard military issue wool inserts. If I need more warmth, I used hand warmers on my palm, back of my hand, or both. If I still need additional warmth, I just stick my hands in my pocket. If I need more warmth, it is too cold to be outside. 😇

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.