Pulling factory bullets using brass

hunter1202

Got my hands on a bunch of factory Nosler .280 ai bullets and trying to save time reloading. Would it work to pull factory bullets out and dump powder and put in my recipe powder/bullet or will I need to resize and deburr the casing first?

Id pull a couple put your load in and see how it shoots. If your load is a bit warm back off a bit and pressure check back up to your load. If velocity changes, fireform. If accuracy or poi change fireform. If its all remains constant, load and shoot.

Got my hands on a bunch of factory Nosler .280 ai bullets and trying to save time reloading. Would it work to pull factory bullets out and dump powder and put in my recipe powder/bullet or will I need to resize and deburr the casing first?
Well that is a loaded question. In the Army when shooting in military matches we were required to shoot unaltered 7.62 x 51 Lake City Match ammo. When we shot in civilian matches we would often pull the LC 175 gr bullets and replace them with Sierra 168 match bullets. We called these rounds, Mexican Match. Have no idea as to where the name came from. We simply pulled the LC bullets and loaded the Sierra bullets, no resizing or anything. Same Brass, Same primers, Same powder and since the 168's weighed less than the 175 LC bullet no pressure issues were involved but a slight edge in accuracy. I also used Nosler 168 gr match with equal results. The Nosler 168 gr match and 165 gr partitions were interchangeable without any difference in the rifle's zero. Lessons Learned.