pulling factory bullets and powder.

gohring3006

I had found a little " honey hole" when we had the ammo and component shortage. I found a lot of factory ammo(30\06 I bought it just to have incase it didn't recover, now that I can get components I want to use the brass would you shoot it to fire form or pull it it about 250 rounds, its different brands federal, rem, hornady and Winchester so the primers would be different but my load is under max with no pressure signs even at max charges with mag.primers,(accuracy load 52grns. Imr 4350 200grn. Smk) max book load 53.1 grn imr 4350 I think I just answered my own question lol. But I thought I would ask what would you do....

Yep, think ya did, answer your own question. Have some fun blasting all that factory ammo then get serious loading your own.

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.--- Elmer Keith.

I'm in agreement with Waynard. Shoot 'em and enjoy the experience.

They should all use large rifle primers. How do you find different primers are needed?
being its different brands of brass I thought it would be different brands of primers, so I thought it would affect outcome of the load I can usually get acceptable accuracy from different brass but having different brass and primers sound like it would be too much...

So you want to change bullets and powder? You mention fire forming.....are you shooting an Ackley? Did I miss something? Why not have some fun and shoot them just the way they are?

So you want to change bullets and powder? You mention fire forming.....are you shooting an Ackley? Did I miss something? Why not have some fun and shoot them just the way they are?
Nah, its no Ackley I just usually fireform my brass to my chamber and not size back to factory ammo specs. That way I don't over work my brass. I was looking for a short cut to a bunch of brass and saving some barrel life. I should know better because shortcuts never work for me whatever I'm doing lol.

Do you neck size your brass? And I don't think 250 rounds is going to burn your barrel out. Heck, have some fun at the range, then if your like me I get away from the family for some "quite time" and reload the brass. I always found CCI BR 2 primers work well in all brass with IMR 4350 powder for the ought 6. Great caliber
for just about anything.gun)

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot---Elmer Keith

Do you neck size your brass? And I don't think 250 rounds is going to burn your barrel out. Heck, have some fun at the range, then if your like me I get away from the family for some "quite time" and reload the brass. I always found CCI BR 2 primers work well in all brass with IMR 4350 powder for the ought 6. Great caliber
for just about anything.gun)

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot---Elmer Keith

Yea , your right I think I'll just shoot em up. After I thought about it the factory stuff has a crimp and i would have to expand my necks after I pulled them. And no I don't neck size I F.l. size but just enough to chamber easily in my rifle not to factory ammo specs.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.