Pulled pork from a wild hog... your experience?

You get a fusion and you won't be shooting for a while if that's the issue, I just had one done.
Thanks, but a lot more complicated than a fusion. I already had C-2 to C-7 disks removed, vertebrate fused, Titanium Plates, Rods, Screws (three operations), a dozen RFAs, Epidural blocks, SCS Spinal Cord Stimulator Implants. Next procedure having a Neurosurgeon do a procedure a last option (Vertebrate Bone shaved down to de-compress spinal cord and a SCS Paddle implanted & attached in the base of my brain where the Spinal Cord enters) will be done hopefully in the next month.
I can shoot fine now in all positions, just in severe pain 24/7 for the last 6 years, can't run PRS Stations for time. Fine with Bench, "F" Class, and ELR.

Last edited:
Thanks, but a lot more complicated than a fusion. I already had C-2 to C-7 disks removed, vertebrate fused, Titanium Plates, Rods, Screws (three operations), a dozen RFAs, Epidural blocks, SCS Spinal Cord Stimulator Implants. Next procedure having a Neurosurgeon do a procedure a last option (Vertebrate Bone shaved down to de-compress spinal cord and a SCS Paddle implanted & attached in the base of my brain where the Spinal Cord enters) will be done hopefully in the next month.
I can shoot fine now in all positions, just in severe pain 24/7 for the last 6 years, can't run PRS Stations for time. Fine with Bench, "F" Class, and ELR.
To quote an old cowboy buddy, "If I'd known I was gonna live this long I'd have been kinder to myself".

The only thing worse than getting old is the alternative.

I've been dealing with some similar issues for the last 30 years but as long as I can get up in the morning and have some quiet time in nature every day it's all worth it.

Eesh, I just had a 1 level fusion. You've been through the ringer.

I sincerely hope things work out for you with this procedure. Chronic pain is a miserable thing.

I'm holding out for the disk replacement.
If I have to get another one soon this would be my choice as well. Some great surgeons in Boston doing them but I guess I had too many bone spurs and too much compression to do a disc replacement at the level they did the fusion. I guess they are doing some interesting things with stem cells as well that look promising.