public land softwear for GPS

yes, we just got the GPSMAP 62s in house and it is the Best in my opinion

Very cool - I'm going to check that GPS out. And then if I wanted the map stuff from you guys, to know where private land is, I would get this one from you guys? And all of them show this info, not just Montana, right?:

Map Details

• Data size: 650 MB
  • Land Ownership Data Currency: Updated at least once per year.
  • Map Coverage: Entire State
  • Map Features:
    • Public and Private Lands with Unique Colors
    • Landowner Name Appears on Each parcel in the state!
    • Section Lines and Property Boundaries
    • Move GPS cursor over any piece of land for Land Owner name
    • Back-Roads and Highways
    • Topo Lines – 20 ft contour intervals - 1:24K Equivalent
    • Geographic Names (Points of Interest)
    • Water Data (creeks, rivers, lakes)
    • National Forest Trails
  • Compatibility: Works with most handheld Garmin GPS receivers

I just ask because the top of that page specifies Montana (montana-land-owners-names-gps-map-with-topo.html)

Thanks for your time.

yes, we have the plat book maps for all those states listed on the link you specified. CO, MT, WY, AK, ID, WA, OR

Check our website or call Len for exact details because owner names aren't included in some counties

Ok - I have a Garmin GPSMAP 62s on the way and the SD card with the Idaho private land ownership coming as well. :)

Thanks for your help. That gps looks great and I'm excited to use the maps on it.

Got both of them in the mail today! This gps looks pretty cool and the chip went right in and seems to be working great!

Any tips on using the chip information? It shows the people who own the land, is there also their contact info in there once you select it or just what the county has for them?

Also, in the directions it says to not transfer maps to the the gps from the computer when the chip is installed as it will be over written. If I install maps to the gps and then put the chip in, will I be able to see both?

A couple more question.

Can I backup the SD card to my pc somehow, just in case I were to over-write it? Just wondering if I can put it in a reader and just copy the contents of the card to my hard drive...

I'm also wondering about this map:(Hunting GPS Maps - Idaho Game Management Unit- GMU Boundaries Transparent GPS Map) it says that it is a free download, but I don't seem to be able to download it in any way that doesn't require some form of payment. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for your time. The chip has helped me already. Unfortunately not for hunting, but at work its helped us locate landowners. Its been really nice to have.

Yes, you can save the files on the SD card onto your computer in case you overwrite something, just put all the contents back on the card the same way they were.

You should be able to select Download Map then type in your information into the form and it will create a license for the Free map and email you information. Then login to MyMaps and download the map . . . Try it again

I have a question.
Do you have any plans to add active mining claims to the software?
I do a lot of prospecting and have to do a lot of research to find active claims and then when I'm out on the ground it's hard to know if I am on active claims.
Thanks
Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts