Public Land KS Whitetail

OH58DViper

I shot an absolute giant compared to this guy the other day, ended up being a high shoulder...I tracked him for 800yds and the blood stopped. luckily he's alive as I just got a cell cam pic of him going to bed this AM. I knew this buck would move in on the hot doe the dominant buck was chasing when I arrowed him in the paddle bone. He read the script and I dropped him.

Public land can be the best and worst hunting. I have found that the secondary rut is my favorite as all the people who have no idea what they are doing stay home, the rut is a complete crap show on public land.

EBDEABBA-6873-4385-8E10-EA7358B3BC34.jpeg

A79EAFD9-B3E5-422E-B713-66BA6DE1FD04.png

Excellent deer. Thanks for sharing. Lot of buddies coming back from Kansas with monsters. I am going to have to give it a go one year

Thanks

Buck
If you're planning on using an outfitter I have a buddy that runs one of the very best in the state. I think he has 30k acres in the Wichita area. This is at his place, I don't even think about shooting deer this size because I know what he has on his lands. If you want to use an outfitter PM me and I'll get you his contact info
6524E0B1-F0E0-4BA4-9E1B-A890E61D144D.jpeg

If you're planning on using an outfitter I have a buddy that runs one of the very best in the state. I think he has 30k acres in the Wichita area. This is at his place, I don't even think about shooting deer this size because I know what he has on his lands. If you want to use an outfitter PM me and I'll get you his contact info View attachment 234047
Thanks
My budget is closer to hunting public land.
Great buck sounds like you spend some time on him too

Buck

I sent the Outfitters contact info via PM to those that asked, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it in the open forum. Anyone else that's looking for one of the best Kansas outfitters in the business feel free to PM me and I'll get you his info. While I was there the other week, 3 hunters took their biggest whitetails to date and they are all seasoned hunters. Another shot and hit a limb on a 170 class and yours truly passed on numerous 140-150 class bucks while chasing a 170 class brute.....once I got a look at him it became a 5 day obsession...

I look forward to my time there more than just about anything else through the year.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas

I sent the Outfitters contact info via PM to those that asked, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it in the open forum. Anyone else that's looking for one of the best Kansas outfitters in the business feel free to PM me and I'll get you his info. While I was there the other week, 3 hunters took their biggest whitetails to date and they are all seasoned hunters. Another shot and hit a limb on a 170 class and yours truly passed on numerous 140-150 class bucks while chasing a 170 class brute.....once I got a look at him it became a 5 day obsession...

I look forward to my time there more than just about anything else through the year.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas
What part of the state are they in? I have used an outfitter near Great Bend and there are monster deer there, but I could hunt anywhere in Kansas and be happy. Non shooters in Kansas are out and out trophies elsewhere. Honestly feel like a 180" could walk out at any time.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.