Prvi Partizan brass??

jmason

Has anyone here used Prvi Partizan brass? Searching didn't yield anything. I had some Winchester brass that went about 14 firings in my 270 win and picked up some Remington that only lasted 4-5. Just curious.

The only calibers I have used Prvi brass in is 7.62X54R and 7.5X55 Swiss. I think it is very good brass. It is every bit as good as Winchester as far as weight average between cases and it has lasted a number of loadings, at least some of it 10 times maybe more. I have not kept good records in that area. I sure have loaded some very accurate ammo with it. I shoot in military rifle bench rest matches we started at our club and have won quite a few matches with the Prvi brass.

Namibia- How long does that brass last for you? How would you rate it compared to other stuff you've used?

Roy- That was one long read. Is that a hint to try it and report?

Roy- That was one long read. Is that a hint to try it and report?

I never heard of the stuff until your post. I'm always on the hunt for better brass.

Winchester was my exclusive brass for the 270 Win. Loaded plenty hot w/4350 until RL-22 came along. Use 100 pieces for brass for many years. A few more than 20 shots per case.

Remington sux all the way around but that's all there is for the RUM cartridges.

Oh, and yes. Better you than me to test and report. You still have some credibility left:D

Besides, I'm working on a jacket building process that is eating all my time.

Well dang it Roy. I already ordered some WIN brass. I'm done with the rem brass for now. That's way too much work for so few shots. I only bought it since at the time that's all I could get.

I'll get some Prvi brass for something probably a 280 i'm messing w/ right now. I have rem brass for it so I'll need some new stuff soon.

Good luck on your jackets. Hope they keep you warm:D!

Namibia- How long does that brass last for you? How would you rate it compared to other stuff you've used?

Jmason - Only reloaded it 4 times or so up to now. No problems yet. I use PMP brass as well - Made in South africa - very thick brass which lasts a life-time, but a slightly smaller inside capacity as a result.

Boy do I wish we could get PMP here again. They had the best shooting factory ammo I ever had for the 30-06. Some kind import/export crap got in the way of that. It was cheap ammo too! I'll give some Prvi a try here soon.

I read a news article the other day that said that Prvi's factory or part of it blew up.

Don't know if it has impacted anything or not. Hope not......

It was a underground powder bunker that blew up. Killed a few and hurt a dozen. Shouldn't hurt production or slow it down. I have my sources. Jake

Buddy used to Prvi Partizan brass and one of his loaded rounds actually lost a primer after one firing. It stretched that much. Others were leaking gas upon firing. Winchester and Remington brass didn't even show pressure signs.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts