Prvi Partizan brass??

I've shot several metric calibers in the Privi Partizan factory ammo with good results, also the 75gr .223 match. Haven't reloaded any of it yet though. It looks like good brass. Probably will load 7.5 Swiss first. I want to try some 150gr bullets.

Good hunting, Tom

I'm using PPU brass on .308 loads, seemed to be pretty good, I bought some of the PPU 168 grain match ammo and after I used it all up I tried to reload, the brass is very consistent as far as weight, I used it 5 – 7 times already necksizing only...

I've shot several metric calibers in the Privi Partizan factory ammo with good results, also the 75gr .223 match. Haven't reloaded any of it yet though. It looks like good brass. Probably will load 7.5 Swiss first. I want to try some 150gr bullets.

I have loaded a lot for the 7.5X55 Swiss. I have three K-31's. I have found that the Prvi Partizan cases are great and really last. I have also found that all the accuracy loads that are listed in the Sierra manual for the 7.5X55 Swiss are really accurate. The OAL that they list are too long for the K-31's though.

I have wone a number of military rifle bench rest matches with this load.

45.0 grs IMR 4064, Prvi case, Fed. 210M primer, 155 gr Nosler custom competition HPBT OAL 2.880 and I use a Lee Factory Crimp Die on this load because it makes it more accurate for me.

From 125 gr to 168 gr bullets IMR 4064 seems to be the powder.

RT2506, thanks very much for the info on your loads and the quality of the Privi brass.

In the matches you shoot, do you use the battle sights, or can you use the aperture and globe sights available for these rifles? Sounds like fun.

Tom

It is strictly battle sights with the exception that you can put a taller front sight blade on to bring your POI down to get you on target. The rifles have to be stock battle ready condition. No glass bedded actions etc. We do have an open class that you can shoot modified military rifles in though.

A group of us military rifle collectors in our club came up with these matches. Because some of the fellows were too old to get down into the positions to shoot we started these bench rest matches. We shoot the M1 Garand in a class, Bolt rifle class, semi-auto class mainly AR's and M1A1's, and then an open class where you can shoot it if it started out as a military type rifle and has open sights. Then we move the targets to 50 yards and shoot any carbine type rifle you want. We shoot from the bench for score at 100 yards with rifles and 50 yards with carbines on a target with a 6' black. The X Ring is 1" and the 10 ring is 2" with the rest of the rings 1" more out to 5 points. We shoot two targets, 10 shots each, with a time limit of 20 minutes. Thank goodness that Prvi started making cases for some of these old calibers so you can get some pretty good brass that does not cost you an arm and leg.
The load that I gave for the 7.5X55 with the 155 gr Nosler HPBT shoots POI into the center of the X-ring with a 6 O'clock hold at 100 yards with all three of my K-31's with the normal front sight that came on them.
I have a great load for the 7.62X54R using Prvi cases if anyone needs it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.