Proud dad

mooretitan

Well I was wondering how long it would take my son to out shoot me. I guess it has to happen to all of us at some point just did not think it would be when he was 8. Anyways we were shooting a savage 223 target rifle which is a great shooter. Dialed I. At 100 and I was shooting around .5 Moa and he was at .75moA. So we went to 200 and I again was at .5 Moa which was pretty good shooting 36 grain VG. His 1st group was not that great. I had him go again and he shot a 200 yard group that measured .45 inches. Basically all touching it was only a 3 shot group and he could not do it again but for that day he got to up dad. It was great getting to talk to him about the little things about shooting. Best part was when he looked at my 300 rum case and said that almost as tall as my dr. Pepper. Had to laugh

Keep him at it... He may not work up to the cannons that some of us have, just don't let him give up the skill you're teaching him.
gun)
Can't wait to do this with my boys... they're both under 5... and I'm already buying stuff with them in mind....

That's awsome. Starting them out right.

My daughter shoots my 300 WM almost as good as I do. She is a recoil hog.

Nice story. I would never be able to do that story cause my kid could always out shoot me!
Souns like a day to remember

Good for you. I just turned 42 and my dad still will NOT admit I can/do out shoot him and reload better and more efficient (bc the science is so much better than 35 years ago) than him.
When my daughter was 11 (she is 12 now) I would set up the 300 wm and there was a target at 954 and one at 1133 and on a nice day she can hit those roughly %50 of the time. It's cool to see the look on the guys face at the range when she says "I hit it again daddy!!" LOL....
It's a good time....
Congrats on your son. gun)

Thanks. We are going to get back out in the next couple of days and give it ago again. Probably focus on the 22lr so he can shoot a lot. It's hard keeping him Away from the big guns. He wants to shoot them so bad. Only 8 and 45lbs just a little to small for the 30 cals
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.