Proud dad, and excited dad!!

My kids are finally getting the shooting bug. I didn't want to force it upon them, and burn them out. So I've sat patiently crossing my fingers. They've shown a little interest here and there, but the last year they've been hounding me to shoot. So we've been shooting most weekends. Went out and shot the 22lr today, and got them on their first center fire cartridge. The 224 Valkyrie was the perfect first center fire for them to shoot. No recoil, and they were able to smack pop bottles at 100 yards. Not bad for 8 year olds. Here in Az it's time to put in for elk hunts. They'll be 9 in a month, which means they can do hunter safety this year, and a year from today they get to put in for their first big game hunt. Exciting times for an eager father. Haha.View attachment 249404View attachment 249405View attachment 249407View attachment 249408
Outstanding!! Hey, from one Powell to another, awesome to see that your kids are getting involved in shooting. My kids are grown (34, 31) but my son and I hunt together and it is the most enjoyable time of my year. My daughter has not shown much passion for entering the hunting world, but she now lives quite far from us here in Wyoming. She is in Yuma now and her guy is an avid hunter so it is a familiar realm for her. I spent quite a few years shooting and hunting with my dad before he passed in 2009. Keep up the great work, dad!

Outstanding!! Hey, from one Powell to another, awesome to see that your kids are getting involved in shooting. My kids are grown (34, 31) but my son and I hunt together and it is the most enjoyable time of my year. My daughter has not shown much passion for entering the hunting world, but she now lives quite far from us here in Wyoming. She is in Yuma now and her guy is an avid hunter so it is a familiar realm for her. I spent quite a few years shooting and hunting with my dad before he passed in 2009. Keep up the great work, dad!
Some of my best memories growing up were hunting with my dad. I realize how important those memories are, now that I'm getting old.

As a father of daughters there's only one bit of advice I suggest you give them as they grow older: "Beware of the fragile male ego." :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.