proper stock torque for remington sendero

stevotary

Regarding the H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 Sendero stock. What is the recommended torque range (min and Max)? Remington says. 45 in-lbs. I see comments on 45-65 in-lbs. Is that correct? Will 65 in-lbs increase accuracy?

I have found that the HS stocks with bedding blocks designed for the 700 actions are nowhere near as finicky as other rifles. The 700 will handle 65# of torque and there will be no difference in performance compared to using #45. I believe the reason they recommend 45# is that unless you are very careful, it is easy to strip out the Allen head stock screws over this weight. Over the years the hardness of these screws has varied quite a bit and using 45# is a much safer torque to avoid this happening. I have had this happen to me......it's really a pain in the neck!

Last edited:
Regarding the H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 Sendero stock. What is the recommended torque range (min and Max)? Remington says. 45 in-lbs. I see comments on 45-65 in-lbs. Is that correct? Will 65 in-lbs increase accuracy?

The reason they recomend 45 in/lbs is that the embed is not a "V" block design but a U that is slightly
smaller than the reciever. This makes the block ride well up on the reciever where it makes contact.

This is a good system as long as you dont over torque it. (If to much torque is applied it will spread
the top of the block and become just a channel/inlet that will have to be bedded.

Being aluminium, once you spread the top of the block, it will not return to its original size.

Start your torque at 40 in/lbs, shoot a group and increase to 45 in/pounds and shoot another group.

If accuracy is worse back off. if it doesn't improve leave it at 45 in/pounds.

The only reason for torque of 65 in/lbs is if a rifle is in "Hard Service".

J E CUSTOM

J E CUSTOM[/QUOTE]

What is hard service?

When I called H S Precision a few months ago about this very subject I was told to torque screws at 65#. There recomended procedure snug both screws up stand rifle on butt holding rifle by barrel and applying some pressure downward tighten front screw first to 65# then tighten rear to same. Works on every H S stock I have.lightbulb

J E CUSTOM

What is hard service?[/QUOTE]

Hard Service Is when a rifle is used in a tactical situation Like combat, where the rifle is handled
rough and needs to be dependable.(Like in a drag bag or throne in a Humvee

Most people will not/dont handle a sendero this way because it is more for accuracy.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.