Proof sendero / bartlein carbon fiber

Nevrsummr

First question,

Which bartlein contour compares best to sendero profile?

Second question

Any experience with bartlein cf that would sway me to choose it over a proof?

This will be a 21 or 22" light rifle for the Mrs. Chambered in 6.5x284

Thanks in advance

J

I like the idea of barrel lenght......
but do not like being referenced to a liteweight lady gun shooter.......i have 2 65284s......greatest minimag ever invented....
Pud..........😅😂🤣😂😅😂🤣😂😅

Last edited:
#4 Bull Sporter.
#13 Remington Varmint/Sendero.
#14 M24/M40.

I opted for the #4 21" 1-7.5t in their
MOD400BB material for my lighter weight
6.5 MAX. Threaded for suppressor & short shanked. Hope to get it done in a week or two.

So I have heard many say the Bartlein has more steel in its CFW barrel than Proof. My 30 Nosler is getting a Bartlein over the proof to try but every Bartlein steel I have had shot well so I expect the CFW to as well. I have a proof sendero light on my wsm and a Bartlein 13 blank that are both 30 cals, I am going to have my RT crew examine them soon and it will aid in determining the steel thickness of both. I know this doesn't clearly answer your question but I believe Bartlein makes a fine barrel with nice grooves and have seen some not so pretty proofs but have seen plenty that shoot too.

First question,

Which bartlein contour compares best to sendero profile?

Second question

Any experience with bartlein cf that would sway me to choose it over a proof?

This will be a 21 or 22" light rifle for the Mrs. Chambered in 6.5x284

Thanks in advance

J
I have both and they both perform as you would expect from two top barrel mfg's. The proof is thicker throughout the length of the barrel while the bartlein is more narrow.

#4 Bull Sporter.
#13 Remington Varmint/Sendero.
#14 M24/M40.

I opted for the #4 21" 1-7.5t in their
MOD400BB material for my lighter weight
6.5 MAX. Threaded for suppressor & short shanked. Hope to get it done in a week or two.
Short shanked?
The Eh1 i have is set for proof sendero so just hoping to match that as best as possible. Your 6.5 max sounds perfect

So I have heard many say the Bartlein has more steel in its CFW barrel than Proof. My 30 Nosler is getting a Bartlein over the proof to try but every Bartlein steel I have had shot well so I expect the CFW to as well. I have a proof sendero light on my wsm and a Bartlein 13 blank that are both 30 cals, I am going to have my RT crew examine them soon and it will aid in determining the steel thickness of both. I know this doesn't clearly answer your question but I believe Bartlein makes a fine barrel with nice grooves and have seen some not so pretty proofs but have seen plenty that shoot too.
Thank you. Barrel weight is definitely a big consideration for me. Thats y im giving up length. I like that proof has been around so long, but bartlein has the top barrel in competition. Any others worth consideration?

I have both and they both perform as you would expect from two top barrel mfg's. The proof is thicker throughout the length of the barrel while the bartlein is more narrow.
Think a bartlein in a proof inlet would be noticeable gap? Sounds like i might be stuck with proof. Ive had good experience with proof so not complaining. Just considering options

A proof sendero is. 910 at muzzle which is close to the same as #14 M24 bartlein. A proof sendero light is close to same as #13 bartlein sendero. The profiles will not match exactly, but muzzle diameters will be very close. The #4 bartlein has a 750 muzzle and is the lightest contour but still weighs about the same as a proof sendero.

Recent Posts