Proof Research Glacier ti

I love building stuff. I have built RC jets for years. Mostly scale. But I do not know anything about gunsmithing. But am learning. And that last thing I want to do is fork a gun up.
RC jets? And you are worried about screwing a barrel on a rifle action and bedding a stock? You made me blow bourbon out my nose! You need to do this! May be a bit different for Ti actions, but with steel it is no more than what @Longtine88 said!

If you want lightweight then get a Weatherby Backcountry TI for half the price of the Proof...or even a Howa Carbon for around $1500...both will shoot as good as the Proof and give you a lot of extra cash for factory ammo, good optics, a rangefinder, a fitted Pelican case etc etc etc.

Great Rifle! Yes pricey but guaranteed will shoot. Yes you could have built for less. If you can afford it do it. If Alamo Precision Rifles has what you want in stock another option.

Looking for input on a Proof Research Glacier ti chambered in 300 prc. Has any one shoot one of these? Thanks.
they shoot better then must shoots can do out standing rifles but like what was said just get the parts from a proof dealer and put it to geather your self. here is a vid how to also you will save a lot of cash and if you want get another proof barrel and you will have a switch barrel set up.

Call Kyle Craig at CCR. He will build exactly what you want. He will take the time to talk with you and make sure you get exactly what you want and save you quite a bit. He's built 4 rifles for me.

I also have built a few rigs myself and it's actually pretty easy. Used a Kelbly Atlas tactical action and a shouldered prefit from PBB and that's about it. From there it's just a matter of ordering a stock, trigger and bottom metal. Ordered about $150 of barrel vice and universal action wrench and you're in business.

Last edited:
Looked at those also. Not what I was wanting. Thanks.

What are you wanting? Open grip, lightweight, carbon barrel? Vertical grip? Titanium action a must? Short barrel for a suppressor? Long range rifle? Short OAL short range rifle?

If you're willing to spend $7k on a bare rifle then take a hard look at Gunwerks too.

Here's a good example of what you can have built. This is a LH but the list of components is top notch. Can probably get in even less depending on what exactly you want.

I put that exact rifle in 300PRC on order in February. Still haven't got it in yet, but I'm excited to be able to answer your question at some point! Haha

Last edited:
I may have missed it, but how soon are you expecting to have it in your hands? I have no experience with this particular rifle, but there is little doubt it will be an awesome rifle. Starting from scratch and building a custom can be a long process. If you know that is what you want, buy it and slap a reasonably light TT315M on it. Post a picture and let us all drool looking at it.