Proof Light Tube and McMillan Rem Hunter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by jayjay24, Jul 7, 2018.

1. jayjay24

jayjay24 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience putting a Proof Sendero Light barrel in a McMillan Rem Hunter stock? I have a 7mm Mag currently on a Borden action with a 4.5 contoured Hart barrel and I would like to rebarrel this rifle to a 28 Nosler with a Proof tube. McMillan said #5 maybe #5.5 contour is the largest BUT they have some that are inletted to Rem Varm/Sendero contour I’ve seen online plus there are several smiths out there that advertise these stocks to fit a Sendero Light. Thanks for the comments...

2. WAMBO

WAMBO Well-Known Member

I have a 7RM with a 26" Proof Sendero Light barrel in a McMillan Remington Hunter stock, McMillan says up to a #8 contour.
    I've attached a picture of my rifle so you can see what it looks like.

20180707_143003.jpg McMillan also make a McMillan Hunter stock with a slimmer fore end and they say up to a #4 contour for that stock.

3. jayjay24

Thanks for that pic!! I even asked McMillan personally and they said #5 contour is max. Whelp looks like I’m doing this...

RockyMtnMT likes this.
  4. highdrum

highdrum Well-Known Member

Are you taking of the hunters edge stock, or a Remington hunter "edge fill" stock? They're two different types. The "rem hunter edge fill" will take a larger barrel than the hunters edge. Personally I'd look at the game hunter, designed for the sendero contour, high cheek weld, and comfortable.

5. jayjay24

The Rem Hunter stock with EDGE fill

6. highdrum

highdrum Well-Known Member

You should be able to get that to fit the sendero light nicely.

7. duckhunter175

duckhunter175 Well-Known Member

I was able to fit a Sendero Light into a Game Scout, Edge Fill which shares the same barrel contour size as the McM Hunter.