• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Proof Carbon .308 blank

SShultz

Howdy folks. As the title says I'm looking for a Proof Carbon Fiber .308 blank.

I want a 26" or 28" with a 1-9 twist. I'd settle for a 9.4 if I have to.

I have things to trade and cash. Please let me know.
Thanks
SShultz

I have a 26" 10 twist. Not exactly what your looking for but I'll throw it out there. 675.00 shipped.

That's Almost what I'm looking for! Lol. I'm going to be re-barreling to a 300 prc. I hope to shoot the 225s and up. I just don't think a 10 twist will get what I'm after. Thank you though!

That's Almost what I'm looking for! Lol. I'm going to be re-barreling to a 300 prc. I hope to shoot the 225s and up. I just don't think a 10 twist will get what I'm after. Thank you though!
I've
Been looking at both the PRC n the Norma, if you go the PRC route you may wanna consider a 8 or 8.5 twist...a little less velocity than the Norma, and heavier bullets could be helped with bit more twist...I've got a 26" Proof Sendero 1-9.4 and not sure am going to use it...I ordered a Carbon 6 Sendero, bit heavier than the Proof in both an 8 twist and a 9 twist...cannot deicide which yet LOL...more research required...

I know calculators aren't everything but in the worst case situation the Berger calculator puts me at a 1.7 SG. That's using the 230 Hybrid OTM, at sea level with a 9.4 twist barrel. I plan on using a slightly lighter bullet and 99% of my shooting will be at an elevation of 6500 feet or higher. I was really hoping for a 9 twist. But the calculator is the reason I was going to settle on a 9.4 if I needed to. I thought sure a 9 twist would be more than sufficient. Maybe I need to research more too!

I have a hells canyon heavy hunter in a 9.5 twist that you can finish what ever length you want

If you go over to accurateshooter theres some BR guys who have tested alot with twists on barrels. They claim 1.5 - 1.9 SG is the sweet spot after 1.9 you start getting into jacket stress. I'm a firm believer in that also. The only situation I can think off to twist faster is getting through transonic in ELR.