Prolix lubricant / cleaner..anyone?

joseywales

Has anyone used Prolix lubricant as a gun oil or cleaner? I've read that it's the choice of the Glock armory and I'm curious if anyone has tried it. When it dries, it leave a non-tacky film that protects and Chuck Hawks swears buy it. I just started using Kroil, but not enough to comment on its performance. Anyone use either Kroil or Prolix?

Try spooge from answer products. Best stuff you will ever use. Cleans better than anything else i've ever used.

Also try FP-10 for your oiling. It has no teflon. great stuff. They make it for shooters choice now under a private label deal so you can pick up a bottle almost anywhere.

Thanks John. I've heard of Spooge, but never tried it. is there anything else out there that doesn't have the stank to it! I have a 2 year old and another on the way, so I'm trying to keep odors to a minimum. Kroil has a sort of chemical and citrus scent to it, but once the can is open the semll is permanent, unless you remove the can from the room.

Spooge doesn't really stink. Nor does FP-10. I clean in my family room while watching TV after my 8 month old goes to bed. No lingering smell and the best clean.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.