project help?

tkelkhunter

I have a new project going, it is a Borden Timberline action, Kreiger Barrel 1 in 10 twist on basically a sendero contour, jewel trigger, wyatt box, 300 RUM. I was looking at either a Mcmillan A3 sporter stock or a Greybull precision and would like here from people who have had experience with both. I was also going in the direction of a Vais muzzle break and would like to hear more opinions on what breaks are working and which are not. I'm also open to other suggestions you might have. Thanks TK

Never shot a greybull stock, but they seem to be similar in design to the HS. I have a Mcmillan A5, and am very pleased with the fit and feel of it. I'm not familiar with the borden action, but if it isnt a remington clone, you may be better off with a custom inlet from Mcmillan.

Ive heard great things about the muscle brake, painkiller, and vias alike, but havent shot them. I have shot the badger thruster and was vey impressed. Noise wasnt to hateful, and recoil was very tame. (300 win)

Sounds like a great rig. Good luck and hope I was able to help a little.

The Vias is a good brake. I have two A-3 Sporters, and they are nice, possibly my favorite. I've handled a Greybull, but that's about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.