Product Quantity Changes Price Still Goes Up

The worst part is the producer of the base ingredient (Farmer, Rancher) is not getting the same increase in their return. It is all the middle people..NOT MAN...LAYERS OF PEOPLE getting their guaranteed cut with percentage increase to offset any costs they incur, and the final seller getting their increased profit margin on top of their expenses. Final people will break even and even loose a little on some products because they are more than making up the percentage on other products. How do I know.....well we be farmers, no longer ranchers, The kids work for a marketing group (middle man) as we told them go where the profit is yours to control. So, yeah I'm factually educated on the reality of the prices not just the last couple years....oh about 40 years of actual knowledge not just farmers compaining.

We like popcorn and same bag as before, but 3/4 as much. People out here in the sticks are really getting in to raising their own laying hens for eggs. They didn't know how many eggs those ladies could put out, so for right now fresh farm eggs pretty available.
Hahahhaaha.....when the ladies are happy they be spreading the love to all the neighbors with a twinkle in their eye.

So, manufacturer by reducing contents and increasing or maintaining pack size attempt to reduce financial and supply pressure for themselves and their customer, try to retain some profitability, maintain purchase intent and drive conversion, and in the end the cost all gets passed on to you but there is always pressure from the retailer to not do that if it can be helped.

I'd be real curious if the food industry had adopted Lean Manufacturing , 6 Sigma or any other process improvement concepts?

Well, the English language is kinda tricky too. In toothpaste, the economy size is the largest. In automobiles, it's the smallest. Exactly what does economy-sized mean? 😂
93D42387-C3D4-4484-8A99-A6A240FBEC90.gif

You know that's why a good friend of mine who has small flow farm raising beef cattle and sheep he does not use any GMO seeds for us corn and he has chickens also well he's been asked about buying meat because it's very organic he decided to start grinding the whole cow and he is selling that for $9 a pound so he is doing that right out of the house Black market but it's making a good profit on his animals

Sometimes it's good.

For example, I loves me some thin crust pizza. I can't freakin stand Chicago style pizza - might as well eat a loaf of Italian bread with a little marinara sauce and mozarella on it.

It order to keep their pizzas below $10, Costco started thinning their crusts. It's now perfect in my opinion.

Sidenote, I'd gladly pay $15 for a Costco pizza, it would still be a better deal than anywhere else.