Problems with a simmons scope

Tex3030

Never had a scope sound like that but I think being a Simmons has something to do with it. I'm sure Simmons has their place but not on top of a rifle I'm going to depend on to make a shot at a living animal. The Stevens should group better than that. I'd try a different scope.

call simmons,I`m sure they will make it good,I have always had good experence with them,may take them a while but they should make it good.

I called simmons today. They said that the ringing of the scope was normal. My dad has had a simmons scope on his rifle for the last 10-15 years and it holds zero just fine. According the reviews on midway I guess I am the only one that has had a problem with it.

I am debating on re-shooting the gun to make sure it wasn't me causing the problems, if it still groups poorly, i'll throw it on a 22 and see if it still has problems...if groups open up vs. irons that should be proof enough. I guess then I just have to decide if it is worth the 20 bucks in shipping for a 100 dollar scope.

I have the same scope that I picked up a few years ago and still haven't put on anything. I was planning to use it for my "cheap 7mm build," but am starting to lean towards putting something else on it since I think I may actually use it for something other than paper.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.