problems with a 22 barrel that may have been relined

Pa Grizz

lI picked up a little Remington semi 22.The barrel has 22 shorts longs and long rifle on the barrel,but only the shorts will work.I checked the chamber and you can see a lip inside I checked the end of the barrel and it looks like some work has been done to blend in a liner .It looks like who ever put the liner in did not have one long enough.My question is can a reamer be used to take out the lip in the chamber to take long rifle ammo

morning, u have a build up of powder residue from using
22 short ammo. a very good cleaning with a powder residue
remover will cure ur problem. I ran into the same problem
shooting squirrels in private places. scrub briskly. justme gbot tum

morning, u have a build up of powder residue from using
22 short ammo. a very good cleaning with a powder residue
remover will cure ur problem. I ran into the same problem
shooting squirrels in private places. scrub briskly. justme gbot tum
Did that.I used a 24 cal brush with sweets then used steel wool on a drill.The lip is still there.If you take a punch run it in the chamber you can tell what ever is it is metal.Looking at the end of the barrel and seeing what looks like someone smoothed the crown off makes me think it had been relined

Take a few pictures and share them with us. maybe we can help you out.

If there is a liner and it was to short, you might not have any support for a longer chamber and the barrel will be two thin in the extended chamber length.

If it was not lined, it could have been set back without re-chambering and in this case you can get a smith to hand chamber to Long rifle length.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.