Problem with Strelok ballistic app

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Winkfish, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Winkfish

Winkfish Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I was playing around with the Strelok ballistic app and I ran into an interesting issues. I have my data entered for my zero elevation of 1,800 feet. When I the only variable I change is the base elevation and I compute the shooting solution the drop required increases? When I increase the altitude and assume everything else is constant the drop at distance should be less. Has anyone else had this issue or should I be looking at a different app?

For example:
    Zero at 1800': drop at 1000 yards is: 24.62 MOA
    Change elevation to 7,000': the drop at 1000 yd is: 25.77 MOA

Thank you,

2. coop2564

coop2564 Well-Known Member

Tried mine it doesn't do that??? Mine is a S8 strelok+ You can email owner and he got right back to me one time.

3. ShtrRdy

ShtrRdy Well-Known Member

Are you having it adjust velocity with temperature, and have have it set up to use Standard Atmosphere?

4. Winkfish

Winkfish Well-Known Member

I am not adjusting the velocity that I know of and I do not have it currently set to use standard atmosphere.

I have been using a temp of 41 degrees in both tests and a pressure of 29.5. I will have to see if I can find a contact e-mail address and see what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,