Problem with Nightforce

Newbie87

I just bought my first Nightforce a few weeks ago and I have a small issue. I was returning the elevation turrent back to its zero setting and it stopped clinking and began to free wheel. Upon further investigation, the knob just pulled right off the scope. It is not a zero stop and I bought the scope used in what I thought was great condition. Has anyone ever had or heard of this happening or am I freaking out way to soon? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!

You should be able to put it back on and tighten the set screw. It sounds like it was loose.

Thanks for the information guys. I feel even more like a rookie now than I ever have but I was in a state of panic. Fixed the problem and everything works great. Ya'll saved me from a young heart attack

No Problem happens to a lot of us----DO NOT ASK ME HOW I KNOW THESE THINGS!!!!!!! I am not telling!!

Newb, wanna know heartattack??

Shortly after receiving my "new" nightforce (first $1300 scope purchase, and first scope purchase over $500), thought I would take it to work and share.

Well, I was busy working and heard a gut wrenching "CRASH" from where my buddy was looking at my scope.

Well, the look I gave was somewhere between "I just threw up in my mouth" and "You better run, dirtbag" because the transgressor said, "Dude, it was just a 3-hole punch..."

So, for future reference: If you let a buddy borrow a scope, and you hear $1300 worth of scope hit the deck, they may just be playing a joke on you. I was sick for an hour after that. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.