Problem with calcs for 4dof and strelok

07103345-BD3D-4788-8135-11F2355E6B36.gif

The bc is automatically set when you pick the bullet from the list in the app. I figured since it's hornadys bullet and there app it should be spot on.
I too use that program, and Strelok as well. I was getting variances, until I rechecked my scope height, and then everything came into play as it was supposed to! Changes in velocity due to temp changes will definitely change things as well. Maybe try a temp -velocity table, and then use that data when conditions change. Both of those programs are totally dependent on Accurate input. Any variances, effects output, and outcome. I like the 4dof the best! Good luck.

Guess we will never know what the problem was. I was curious about this topic and hoped by now we would of had an answer

OP error is my bet. I spoke with Vortex personally, several times personally. They were very helpful. But hey, I learned a few things. Next...

Well. I sent the scope back to vortex. They say there's nothing wrong with it. They gave me some pointers on stuff I was already doing. So Scopes back on and 0ed at 200 again. Went back out to the same spot under considerably different temperature conditions but with no wind. I also have a kestrel and a chronograph this time . Just to make sure every calculation was perfect. Same thing as before. I guess I'm just going to have to shoot it at five or six different ranges and come up with my own notebook full calculations. There is absolutely no reason that this gun should be shooting 30% different than any app. No minor adjustment in any of these programs is going to make that big a difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.