Problem if action screw threads are touching bedding block?

When you are drilling softer materials you can dub your drill bit and keep it from grabbing the material and pulling into the hole too fast and breaking chips out of the stock when it exits the hole . Dubbing is basically breaking the sharp cutting edge on the drill bit with a sharpening stone, but you also need to have the angle of the bit decreased for softer materials unlike harder materials like steel

I keep reading the action screws shouldn't contact, but I'm wondering if anyone has done testing. I have rifles I've bedded and left the holes as is, while most others I've drilled out. They all shot though.

I keep reading the action screws shouldn't contact, but I'm wondering if anyone has done testing. I have rifles I've bedded and left the holes as is, while most others I've drilled out. They all shot though.
Having your fender hit the tire when you go over a bump doesn't prevent you from driving your truck.

I personally prefer full action bedding. What you picture shows is a nominal - at best - tiny dot of bedding under the tang, which surely can't be exerting any even pressure when that screw is tightened. My suspicion is that the front doesn't look any better.

To fix your "screw problem" I think you need to fix your bedding problem. Otherwise you're treating the symptom and not the disease.
Thats what I was thinking. At first, I could not believe that was a little piece epoxy but I guess it is. There are just way too many questions after seeing those pics. If it were me I would start over. To 444 shooter you can put tape around your action screws to keep them centered. Or use the studs the make for bedding that doesn't have a head on and put tape on those.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.