Priming tools:

HARPERC

Well after priming a few cartridges, and other insults, my thumb checked out. I've had a long positive experience with the Lee Auto Prime, but not really possible anymore, just not enough left of the joint.

So, I'm looking at what else is available. Something bench mounted i think.

I've looked at the Holland a little online, but looking at everything.

The priming tool in the Redding T3 turret press works great if you're also looking for a new bench press.

You can also purchase brass already primed.

I have A bench mounted Forster and it works... but it can be very "fiddley " to adjust and it will need some polishing to cleanly seat primers (at least mine did). I have a cps-lite priming unit which is a press mounted die body with a primer tube and is highly adjustable. I haven't used it much yet but it is my current favorite.
http://www.primalrights.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=136

Well after priming a few cartridges, and other insults, my thumb checked out. I've had a long positive experience with the Lee Auto Prime, but not really possible anymore, just not enough left of the joint.

So, I'm looking at what else is available. Something bench mounted i think.

I've looked at the Holland a little online, but looking at everything.
I have the Holland primer seater and it's a precise easy to use tool that mounts o n your bench ! I also have a K&M primer seater with a depth gauge for precise seating

I have been using the forester priming tool for several years it does take getting used to setting up but that comes with use it does a really good job and is faster than any thing else I have used. David

I opened this thread hoping to see PRS/LRH type priming suggestions. Might just have to give the Holland modified RCBS bench mount unit a try.

Have a Forester bench mount. Abandoned it because filling those primer feed tubes is a pain and I never liked how it has to be adjusted to fit different case head diameters. I suppose if I wanted to be extremely anal-retentive about centering the case over the primer that it has a place, but I don't see the need at this point. I see that there's now a flipper tray designed to feed them into the tubes, but I'm happy with the RCBS hand-held tool for 'generic' reloading. Oddly it never occurred to me to use the RCBS tool by pushing the lever with my thumb, that was just too awkward, I've always squeezed it with my fingers.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts