Primers

Not from a LGS, but from some one no longer reloading, I scored a lot of primers, powder and brass.
* 7K LPP
* 2K SPP
* 1K SRP-Match
* 500 9mm jacketed FMJ
* 300 9mm Berry's DS 115gr plated flat nose
* 1000 .45 Berry's DS 185gr plated flat nose
* 500 Hornady 50gr V-Max
* 200 Nosler 52gr HP-Match
* 4K 9mm brass
* 3K .45 brass
* 3K .223 brass
* 3Lbs TAC
* 2Lbs Clays
* 1Lb H335
* 1Lb WW760
* 1Lb IMR4350
* 1Lb H4831
* 1Lb IMR4198
* 1Lb Green Dot
* 1Lb Unique
* 1Lb Bullseye
* 3 Bags unopened Winchester 9mm brass @ 50 rounds each
* 2 Bags unopened Winchester .45 brass @ 50 rounds

View attachment 243947

That's how its done. For many years, I made buys like this, and now, it is really paying off. Except I need more space - ha.

No primers in LGS. Scalpers market. 10k pistol primers $4000. 5 bricks primers for $1300. What folks paid, not asking price. Some powder in more remote shops arriving.

With Spring being not far away (relatively) a lot of the panicked, prepper converts, and newbies will go back to mowing the yard, golfing, fishing, buying toilet paper, and vacation. I expect to see demand slack up some and at least a little start showing up in shops. Backorders through 2022 and such are a lot of customers turning in multiple orders everywhere trying to buy anything coming out. Demand slacks any at all and a lot of those backorders will start getting cancelled. Gonna be a while before we see any good deal "sales" though.

New legislation would just start the cycle all over again.

Here in Missouri it's random fed and cci show up about every other week. Sometimes pistol sometimes rifle but it's usually gone in the first couple hrs.

I'm just curious if any one is finding primers locally in there area? Are they hard to find or non existent? Also what ones are showing up more? I have been fortunate in my area to be able to find them, just curious on what you guys are seeing.
No Rifle or pistol primers locally in NW Georgia.
I did find one box of CCI large Rifle magnum at a large outdoors store that is about 2 hours away a few weeks ago for $79.99/1000.
This week, I saw some shotgun primers at a small gun & Pawn that's about an hour away.

I'm rethinking what I told kids as they grew up about there not being any such thing as "good old days". In the early 1990s we'd walk the Pomona, CA gun show and if you'd see a table with a $12 sign on a box of 1000 LPP you'd walk past until you found the table with the $10/1000 price tag. Still have a couple boxes of those

So I found an oil lamp in the snow yesterday. I gave it a rub to get some of the tarnish off and a genie pops out. He says I can have one wish. I says "I want a bridge to the Bahamas cause I hate to fly over the ocean. He says that's impossible is there anything else you want? I thinks on it a second and says how bout some rifle primers? He says you want that bridge one lane or two?

I struck some gold today. Its been at least 6 months since I have seen these on a shelf. My go to is CCI for my .204 but I won't complain.

Attachments

• 20210121_091539.jpg
    20210121_091539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
Found some Federal small pistol primers a few weeks ago, $80/1000. Same in match grade were $5 more. I don't do pistols, but was very surprised at the prices.

I paid 100/1k for Br4s in December. I don't think that's unreasonable Glad i did. I don't find under 100$ difference over the life of a barrel to be worth not shooting, else I'd be shooting seconds for bullets too.

I haven't found primers locally since I bought a couple thousand at bps in July. Unfortunately the opportunities are very slim in my area, no reloading centered shops within an hour that I know of and only one with any decent stocking. I pretty much have to find them at bps if locally.

I've got a decent pile to work from but if I'm going to keep shooting I have to occasionally replenish the stock.

I'm just curious if any one is finding primers locally in there area? Are they hard to find or non existent? Also what ones are showing up more? I have been fortunate in my area to be able to find them, just curious on what you guys are seeing.
I would be willing to trade large rifle magnum primers for large rifle any increment not to exceed 1500 I have Winchester and CCI.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.