Primers won't fit

https://www.dillonprecision.com/super-swage-600_8_8_25263.html

i did the drill thing , i tried an on the press gadget , but the dillon was twice as fast as any other method i have tried and you will never cut away too must material like a counter sink or a reamer

Agreed. A person can accidentally remove more material than he intends, with some of the reamers (including the Lyman). I would have a different method of removing the crimp, if I had the dollars. That being said, the little Lyman reamer has worked fine, albeit a little slow, for several years now.

I use the K&M primer pocket reamer, and here's why:
* has a built in stop so you can't go too deep
* made of carbide, so stays sharp forever
* Has a hex end so you can use it with an electric screw driver or even a drill press.

It will easily remove a crimp on military brass. Seems to leave no burrs, and thee is no setup involved. Just place it in the screw driver or drill chuck and ream.
gary

The RCBS tool I linked to does not remove too much material. The base of the tool is flat to prevent you from removing too much material. I've used mine for thousands of 5.56 brass. It works perfectly. I also have a bench-mounted pocket swagger, but it still didn't do good enough, and I had to buy the RCBS crimp cutter that I posted a link to on page 1. Since using it it, they have worked perfectly.

I use the K&M primer pocket reamer, and here's why:
* has a built in stop so you can't go too deep
* made of carbide, so stays sharp forever
* Has a hex end so you can use it with an electric screw driver or even a drill press.

It will easily remove a crimp on military brass. Seems to leave no burrs, and thee is no setup involved. Just place it in the screw driver or drill chuck and ream.
gary

The Sinclair version of this has the stop, is carbide but not the hex end but works well.

I had the same problem recently with the Hornady's light .308 ammo-tried solutions mentioned so far. I had someone else look at it, tossing it all in the scrap bin was the final solution. I had issues with the rims on some of them as well, very hard, to impossible, on some to slide, in and out of Lee shell holder.
Bought the ammo for the brass, should have just bought the Lapua in the first place.
Worst brass I've ever seen.

The rcbs tool works great in my Lyman case prep center! All part of processing 223 and 308 brass! Size , trim , remove crimp, cut primer pocket , debur and load! Can do a couple hundred an evening

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.